Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is an Internet advertising model in which advertisers pay their host only when their advertisement is clicked after it appears on the host’s search results page. In this revolutionary concept, advertisers typically bid on specified keyword phrases relevant to their target market. This helps businesses reach people they want to reach at the cost they can afford. In the PPC model of advertising, smaller businesses can take on their giant competitors.
PPC advertising is the process of appearing within the “sponsored links” section of search engines Google or Bing, or in the “sponsored results” section of Yahoo! Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Microsoft AdCenter are the three largest network operators. You can localize your Pay-Per-Click campaign to ensure that your advertisement appears only in certain geographies.
You can set up a text-based ad to appear anytime a user types in a specific keyword or phrase. The best part is that you only pay when someone actually clicks on your ad, which effectively means that you only pay for qualified leads. You will be allowed to set your Cost-Per-Click (CPC) which is the amount you will pay search engines and other Internet publishers for a single click on your advertisement that brings one visitor to your website.
Pay-Per-Click has become the most successful method of advertisement due to the advantages it offers to the advertisers:
- PPC advertisement offers immediate results and is faster than any of the advertisement models available on the Internet.
- You control your budget spent on each campaign. If you want to spend $30 a day or $3,000 a day on your advertisement campaign you can do that.
- The cost-to-success ratio in PPC is technically 100%. Only users interested in your product and service are likely to click on your advertisement.
- You can target the geography of your choice using the PPC model which helps make your advertisement campaign very focused in nature.
- PPC gives you the opportunity to opt for a seasonal marketing approach. You can actually define ad scheduling where you choose to run your campaign only on specific days.
- You can brand your website using pay-per-click. You can advertise on different advertising platforms to create a huge marketing concept for your website.
Pay-Per-Click is the most targeted form of advertising campaign and the advertisement model which is going to be the most successful in the future.
Summary: Pay-per-click is an Internet advertising model where advertisers pay their host only when their advertisement is clicked. It is the most cost-efficient model of advertisement on the Internet.